Cashew Cheese Vegan, Paleo Pizza
Anyone on a strict Paleo diet will be avoiding dairy so here’s a recipe for a totally dairy free Paleo pizza using our thin & crispy style pizza bases.
- 1 x ‘No Grainer’ Pizza base
- 1 x clove of garlic
- 1/2 medium zucchini – sliced
- 2 x mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted olives
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Coconut Oil for Frying
For the Cashew Cheese
- 1 x cup of cashews – soaked for 2 hours or overnight & drained (you can make it without pre-soaking but it will just require more water when mixing)
- 1 TBS Nutritional Yeast
- 1 TBS of lemon juice
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp (make according to taste) of Himalayan rock salt
- 1 clove fresh garlic grated or finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp of dried Italian herbs such as oregano & basil
To make the cashew cheese:
Place all the ingredients into a food processor & process until well combined. Add more salt if needed. The final result should be able to be drizzled over the pizza so add more water or olive oil if it is too thick.
Method for pizza
Cut the garlic clove in half & rub it over the pizza base (on the cut side).
Heat up some coconut oil & fry the zucchini & mushroom slices under just tender.
Slice up the cherry tomatoes & olives
Scatter the cooked zucchini & mushroom & the cherry tomatoes & olives on the pizza base & bake for 10 minutes.
Remove the pizza & drizzle with the cashew cheese. You may also like to scatter fresh basil leaves, roquette, or baby spinach leaves on top for a good dose of healthy greens & some added crunch!